Skip to main content

Writing critically

 Socrates: The Father Of Western Philosophy - YouTube

"Look into your own selves and find the spark of truth that God has put into every heart and that only you can kindle to a flame."


These words spoken by Socrates many many years ago has given me a different perspective of how we are meant to learn today.in the article by Sidney Harris she explains that students are not like a sausage and I agree it is pretty difficult to be stuffed with education all at one time. For me personally to learn this way is not possible. Socrates says for us to look inside of own own selves and find the spark that is with in us. This mean that students have an ability to obtain knowledge from within themselves because it is already there.  There have been many nights where students have stayed up late past 3 am cramming and studying information.I agree with Socrates because if students instead tried to take information out of the mind instead of cramming in they could learn better. like in my English support class many subjects that we are learning are already brewing from within.We as students just need to apply it to the world.This way of learning could help relieve students of stress. It could also boost your confidence in what you learning because you never know what you knew until you looked inside yourself.

The Nature of College Pressure
College Pressures


"Welcome back students!" are the words that some of us dread. In the article college pressures it says that students have 4 types of pressures. As a first time college student there is definitely a self induced pressure. I have already experienced my first upset from being dropped from a class. luckily it is not a major course. so i can can make it up in the future. At first seeing this my whole world dropped.It was the feeling like OMG! why this is already happening. How is this going ton affect my credits and my gpa average? Will this put me behind? Am i going to graduate on time?On top of that there are other assignments due and they require all my attention. From all this and reading the article just made me realized that nothing is in our control. Things can happen and WILL happen regardless of what how hard we are working to stay on the right path.college is more like a journey and you are not going to know where you will end up. So it is probably best to take it one day at a time. Still study and implementing time management behaviors to get things done in a healthy way is what is important to me. I also struggle with peer pressure ,The thought of maybe i am not studying or working as hard as my peers comes across my mind. what helps for me is to find better studying techniques that uniquely helps me.I need to remember to do my best, but it is not the end of the world if something does not fall through. The College Pressures made me realize that there are many students who think like me and we are not alone in this process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Telling a story with photographs...

PHOTO ESSAY Me and my mother wearing mask    Lysol shelf empty Low stock tissue wash hands                                       The coronavirus pandemic is still active. We have to wear mask to protect ourselves.The stock on scotty's tissue is low,showing only two boxes left. The shelves for Lysol are completely empty.Always remember to was you hands frequently. Washing your hands kills germs. Notice I do not have anti-bacterial soap,but any soap is better than no soap.